Wooden Chess Board Manufacturer, The House of Staunton, Provides Ten Tips for Beginners
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Chess board supplier, The House of Staunton, shares several tips to help beginners develop their chess game.
Chess is a demanding yet rewarding sport. It takes time, patience, and persistence to master. So, it’s exciting when you notice your game is improving. Chess supplies manufacturer, The House of Staunton, shares several tips to help players improve their chess skills:
1. Study powerful moves. Study a handful of opening moves designed to strengthen your offensive and defensive game. Practice these and learn to recognize when an opponent is using them.
2. Develop early. Move pawns stationed in front of the king or queen forward early so other chess pieces can enter the game. Executing this tactic gives you options.
3. Anticipate. Ask yourself why your opponent made a particular move. The better you are at anticipating possible outcomes, the easier it will be for you to counter your opponent.
4. Castle early. Get your rook in the game and protect your king as soon as possible. And, if your opponent doesn’t castle, attack his or her king.
5. Don’t be shy during the middlegame. If you had a strong opening, and several of your chess pieces are in play, attack! Don’t be shy—capture all the pieces your opponent hasn’t adequately protected.
6. Be patient. Chess is a game of endurance. Though you’ll experience a healthy amount of pressure—as any athlete does—exercise restraint and think critically.
7. Persevere. Underdogs do win. So, don’t give up if you fumble. You can rally by keeping your head in the game. Concentrate on making one smart move at a time.
8. Play to win the endgame. It’s important to realize how important your pawns are during the endgame. Move one all the way to the other end of the board and you’ll be able to reclaim a stronger chess piece. This tactic can make it easier to win the endgame, and ultimately, the match.
9. Practice. Chess masters spend years practicing and improving their game. Keep an open mind. There’s always something new to learn.
10. Have fun. Having fun is essential. Remember to have a good time!
About The House of Staunton: The House of Staunton is an American locally owned and operated small business. For over 27 years, they have manufactured the world’s finest chess equipment. They sell a wide variety of chess sets, chess boards, and chess boxes, and are the equipment provider for top chess tournaments worldwide. Their chess sets are featured in numerous movies and television shows as well as on book covers and in print ads!
Media Contact: Shawn P. Sullivan, The House of Staunton, Inc., 256.858.8070, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE The House of Staunton